Re: DSN usage in zmsh?

> I might have been in better shape if the sun were up, but right now I
> can't see a) quite how to do DSN stuff inside the router shell
> functions, or b) that it's documented at all.

	a) is a bit complex, and b) is true..
	... but hey, I just got it to work!
	Documenting always follows...

> The two things I want to do right away are to to force all mail to
> mailing lists (I use the zmailer .../lists/ support) to
> NOTIFY=FAILURE, and to force all mail from certain users to
> NOTIFY=SUCCESS,FAILURE.  I would assume that there are some attributes
> I could manipulate in aliases.cf and crossbar.cf respectively - right?

	The information is contained in attribute value on token
	called "DSN".  Route some list, and then do
		z# grind $g7
	(assuming somebody's address had g7 attached to it..)

	The DSN value is a string with one or two values in it:
		ORCPT=.... NOTIFY=....
		ORCPT=....
		NOTIFY=....
	With the 'listexpand' function you can define NOTIFY
	value by adding option:   -N notifystring  example:
		-N FAILURE
	(though the default behaviour is just that without anything
	 explicitely stated..)

	The ORCPT is generated automatically from the list
	of addresses.  Different one for each recipient, and
	thus the system wastes some memory when it does not
	share shareable base data with others.

	When certain users send something, one could iterate
	thru all attribute symbols (gensyms) and thus to
	generate globally this kind of change -- but it feels
	a bit radical thing to do..  (and would need special
	subroutine to do it efficiently, anyway.)

> (The one good thing about all the sendmail holes is that people will
> be upgrading to DSN-supporting versions of sendmail PDQ. :)
> Are envid and notaryret exactly the same in zmsh?  How about todsn, is
> it split in two or is it one attribute?  And finally, does anyone have
> any idea about why it breaks for me?  Matti?

	You found the "problem" at makefiles installing binaries
	into separate places..  -- MAILVAR is machine specific,
	and executables are also machine specific (in multi-platform
	style..)  In same way, while *.cf files are perhaps shareable,
	the *.fc -files might not be.

	zmsh (the separate shell) does not have every possible
	router function in it.  However on router one could edit the
	attribute values, and DSN data is recipient's attribute.
	The  "listexpand" does edit (generates) new attribute values
	for each recipient.

> --Arnt

	/Matti Aarnio