z-mailer segfaults when given 'debug' after 'verb'

i don't know if this is a known bug or not, but... a minor problem with
zmailer 2.99.41 plus the current patch.

system: linux 2.0.25, redhat 4.0 (libc 5.3.12), gcc 2.7.2
	direct network connection, very ordinary configs

problem: with either the default or 'intersting' messages setup in
	 smtpserver/debugreport.c, if sent a debug without a verb,
	 zmailer behaves properly (depending on debugreport.c, either
         asks for debug <password> or tells you to go into verbose
	 mode first to see figure 1). however, after you send verb
	 and then send 'debug', the process that forked off to handle
	 the connection dies with a segfault. strace shows nothing
         conclusive. it appears to make the write() call for the first
         line of the message then die.

Simon Karpen
karpes@rpi.edu, slk@acm.rpi.edu, slk@karpes.stu.rpi.edu
"I'm not paranoid, it's just that everybody's out to get me."
			--Linus Torvalds