Re: PTR Test

Hello,

>> It's been a while since I did any configuration with my
>> zmailer setup (it usually just works, yeahhh!).  However
>> I am considering doing a PTR (reverse lookup) test on
>> incoming connections.  I am aware of all the potential
>> pitfalls of this.  However I can't quite see how or
>> the best way to implement it and nothing stood out in a
>> brief search of the manual and mailing list archives.
>> I thought something in the smtpserver.conf or the smtp-policy
>> would do the trick.  Basically I want to do a reverse check
>> on all IPs except 172.* internal addresses.  Thanks for any
>> quick pointers!
>
> Mmm...  No, there is no such a mechanism.

Compile ZMailer with TCP wrapper support and enable
it in smtpserver config. As I know some functionality
required by you is available in this library.

> I have thought upon revising the whole perl-embedding thing
> in the smtpserver so that one can "trivially" rewrite the policy
> routines, and to interact with internal tracker servers, even
> rewrite those servers by loading suitable perl script..
>
> Ah when do I have time...

I rewriten fully perl support, added postgrey support in smtpserver
and added SRS support, header rewriting and much more in router.
Additionaly, I corrected some bugs. Currently I am testing my big
patch and I am going to publish it at the beginning of September.
However, ... this patch is for 2.99.57.pre3... but I think it
could be easliy ported to CVS version.

Best regards

Daniel Kiper - dkiper@netspace.com.pl