Re: PTR Test

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 09:30:57AM -0600, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:
> It's been a while since I did any configuration with my
> zmailer setup (it usually just works, yeahhh!).  However
> I am considering doing a PTR (reverse lookup) test on
> incoming connections.  I am aware of all the potential
> pitfalls of this.  However I can't quite see how or
> the best way to implement it and nothing stood out in a
> brief search of the manual and mailing list archives.
> I thought something in the smtpserver.conf or the smtp-policy
> would do the trick.  Basically I want to do a reverse check
> on all IPs except 172.* internal addresses.  Thanks for any
> quick pointers!

Mmm...  No, there is no such a mechanism.

I have thought upon revising the whole perl-embedding thing
in the smtpserver so that one can "trivially" rewrite the policy
routines, and to interact with internal tracker servers, even
rewrite those servers by loading suitable perl script..

Ah when do I have time...