Re: 2.99.56pre4 config help

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 06:26:16PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> > BTW, what is the correct syntax of ROUTEUSER_IN_ABNORMAL_UNIX?
> > Reading the docs, it seems that leaving it empty should enable
> > checking for home directories (limited interactive user account
> > checking in smtp transactions without the router), but that does
> > not seem to be happening.
>
> If ROUTEUSER_IN_ABNORMAL_UNIX is empty, user existence is checked in the
> router, it non-empty - it is checked only in the mailbox transport.
> There may be other minor differences.

Essentially that is it.  ROUTEUSER_IN_ABNORMAL_UNIX=1  means,
that there are no home directories for the router to look for
e.g.  .forward  files.

If you don't run interactive router under smtpserver, then you
will not receive knowledge that recipient XYZ is or isn't
locally known, but gets routed to the   error   channel
( which is how the '554 5.0.0 unresolvable address...' gets
produced in   cf/server.cf )

Ambrose is correct in his assertation that there are very
weak documentation about various style flags.  I shall look
into that question latter today.

I do think that current generations of router scripts (and
script language) are fairly immune to careless script writer,
and that built-in scripts are safe.  However Ambrose's
2.99.54 might be another story.