[Raw Msg Headers][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How many routers should i use?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How many routers should i use?
- From: email@example.com (Enrique Vadillo)
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:52:28 -0400 (EDT)
- PGP-FingerPrint: 55 B9 83 D2 61 71 E6 6B 1E CE FD B5 F7 AA F1 B5
I am running a server that receives only email for 'somedomain.com', which
has an MX with preference 0 to that server.
This server ONLY receives and routes messages for that domain, which has a
*very* slow connection to the Internet, it's outside the US, where my ZMailer
server is located.
I have noticed that increasing the router processes from 4 to 8 has
improved the performance, but i was wondering that since all messages from
this ZMailer server go to one domain (in fact only to one server at
'somedomain.com'), maybe increasing the number o routers to 12 or even more
will help? what would be the drawbacks if any at all?
RCP - Internet Peru
Fax: +51 1 241-1320
Phone: +51 1 241-5688
Web Site: http://www.rcp.net.pe (PERU)
Mirror Web Site: http://ekeko.rcp.net.pe (USA)