Re: address recognition change? bug?

> Matti,
>
> Immediately after I installed .47 on our main mail relay, I noticed
> strange behavior.  I am running a watchdog here from cron.  It
> runs on a machine named chronos.sovam.com, and sends a message to
> the address "@online.ru:mailping@chronos.sovam.com".  So, the message
> is routed to the main "online.ru" relay (deimos), which cuts off
> "@online.ru:" and sends the message back to chronos where it is processed
> by a script. This worked before (incl .46) but when I installed .47, it
> writes:

	Whoops..  That is due to some change in between .46 and .47
	in the  proto/cf/*.cf -files, which you undoubtly have installed ?

	The rfc-source-route should be recognized, and be stripped,
	but some other of my changes might have affected it.

> Mar 26 19:39:09 deimos smtp[17216]: .nCIpl228018:
> to=@online.ru:mailping@chronos.sovam.com, delay=00:15:56, xdelay=00:00:01,
> mailer=smtp, stat=retryat +60 smtp; 500 (nameserver data inconsistency. All
> MXes rejected (we are the best?), no address: 'online.ru', errno=Error 0)
>
> and would not route the message back.  If I change the address to
>
>    mailping%chronos.sovam.com@online.ru
>
> things work as before.  Although, I think that inability to process
> correct rfc822 host-route is a bug?

	It is in process of being depreciated, but it should be processable,
	that is true.

> Eugene

	/Matti Aarnio