Re: how to deliver mail to IMAP mailboxes

Peter Ziobrzynski wrote:

> I noticed that recent zmailer configurations (scheduler.conf and
> sm.conf)
> have support for Cyrus IMAP server mail delivery.
> I eanbled the local cyrus mail delivery in scheduler.conf and all works
> fine for a simple (toplevel) mailboxes like joe@foo.com.
> Now I would like to deliver mail to mailboxes deeper in the user mailbox
> hierarchy like joe.work@foo.com or joe.test@foo.com.
>
> Does anybody know how to make zmailer to accept mail for this type of
> addresses?
> I guess the changes would have to be done on the smtpserver level so
> it accepts extensions in RCPT TO command.

Just to follow up on my own question:

I was in the middle of IMAP RFC reading and IMAP server installation
and did not understand IMAP when writing my previous message.
Now I know that hierarchy of folders on the IMAP server is not supposed
to be exposed for mail delivery by MTA. Only the top level folder is.

But think that a feature like this that would allow IMAP users to open
various folders inside their hierarchy of folders for mail delivery
would be a very useful. IMAP access control could be used to make
some folders visible for the MTA and behave like a valid mailboxes
during SMTP exchanges. I guess this could go on the IMAP wish list...
--
Peter Ziobrzynski, netMedia Technology Inc. <pzi@netmediatech.com>
204 Richmond St. #300, Toronto Ontario, Canada, M5V-1V6