how to deliver mail to IMAP mailboxes

I noticed that recent zmailer configurations (scheduler.conf and
sm.conf)
have support for Cyrus IMAP server mail delivery.
I eanbled the local cyrus mail delivery in scheduler.conf and all works
fine for a simple (toplevel) mailboxes like joe@foo.com.
Now I would like to deliver mail to mailboxes deeper in the user mailbox
hierarchy like joe.work@foo.com or joe.test@foo.com.

Does anybody know how to make zmailer to accept mail for this type of
addresses?
I guess the changes would have to be done on the smtpserver level so
it accepts extensions in RCPT TO command.
--
Peter Ziobrzynski, netMedia Technology Inc. <pzi@netmediatech.com>
204 Richmond St. #300, Toronto Ontario, Canada, M5V-1V6