Re: [ZMailer] Zmailer crashes

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 06:02:35PM -0300, Rodolfo Cossalter wrote:

> From: Rodolfo Cossalter <rcoss@dm.uba.ar>
> To: Neal Morgan <Neal@Morgan-Systems.com>
> CC: zmailer@nic.funet.fi

Neal, it would be useful if you had not removed me from cc.  This list
receives so little email that without cc I might not notice a posting
for ages.

> >Hopefully Matti will be able to provide some insight on your core dump.
> >
> >FWIW, my original issue with SMTPServer and segfaults went away
> >somewhere between upgrading Debian/kernel (to 2.6.26) and getting latest
> >ZMailer from CVS and rebuilding.  I am not sure which of those two fixed
> >it, but one of them did.
> >
> >I do still get the router segfaults - like you.  However, this only
> >seems to be happening on my two busier machines (which happen to both be
> >x64).  My less busy (x86) machines are not experiencing segfaults.
> >
> >Most importantly, I see no evidence the segfaults are causing mail loss
> >or delivery delays.  A new router process is created and things continue
> >as normal.  (Don't get me wrong, it would be best not to get the
> >segfaults...it just becomes less of a priority knowing mail is still
> >being delivered).
>
> Yes, the same happens here, the new router process picks up where the
> segfaulted one was processing and no mail is lost.

For me the issue didn't cause any data loss and it eventually went away
when I upgraded the system to a newer Linux distribution.  I'm now
Zmailer on Fedora 12 where I've encountered a different issue, see
the "Zmailer breaks on Fedora 12" thread starting on November 23.

  Ralf