Re: [ZMailer] Zmailer breaks on Fedora 12

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:33:47PM +0000, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> > The strace results below are rather surprising...
> > Your box is MIPS, which has different endianity, and all such funny things?
>
> No; the system is which is a x86_64 virtual machine running on VMware ESX
> running pretty much a stock F12 - with maybe the biggest difference from a
> standard system being Zmailer :-)
>
> I don't seem to have issues with any of the other databases btw.  Only
> the policy DB seems to be affected.  Where in the zmailer code is the
> filename for the policy db generated?

It is at  smtpserver.conf file.  The default file says essentially:

#
# The policy database:  (NOTE: See  'makedb'  for its default suffixes!)
#
PARAM  policydb        $DBTYPE  $MAILVAR/db/smtp-policy

The $MAILVAR  is read from   zmailer.conf  (where that is in your system),
and if you have there a string:

    MAILVAR=$LMVAR

that would explain at least part of the problem..  The variable substitution
engine does not handle double-indirections.

>   Ralf

Btw: zmailer.org  runs on Amd-X2 (x86-64) and F12, so all things being equal,
     I should be able to reproduce your problem..