[Raw Msg Headers][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ZMailer] SMTP Timeout Parm in Scheduler.conf
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: [ZMailer] SMTP Timeout Parm in Scheduler.conf
- From: "Neal Morgan" <Neal@Morgan-Systems.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:37:57 -0700
- List-ID: <zmailer.nic.funet.fi>
- Original-Recipient: rfc822;firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- thread-index: AcoLxLKSMIwX7+aNR6O8uS8NLYmkTg==
- Thread-Topic: SMTP Timeout Parm in Scheduler.conf
I have a remote server that has an intermittent problem with its SMTP
service. As a result, I see messages queue growing as my outbound smtp
waits through a connection timeout and subsequent retries.
The remote eventually self corrects and shortly thereafter the messages
I would like to change my configuration for this channel/host so the
SMTP timeout is substantially lower than the 5 minute default - to see
if I can reduce the amount of delay experienced in message delivery.
The message I am seeing is:
"diag Timeout of 300 sec while waiting responses from remote"
I see a timeout parm in the man page for smtp, but I am not
understanding the exact syntax required. Here is what I have tried (in
scheduler.conf) for this channel/host - but neither of these seem to
work. I still see the 300 sec timeout message.
command="smtp -s -L [220.127.116.11] -T conn=30s tcpw=30s"
command="smtp -s -L [18.104.22.168] -Tconn=30s -Ttcpw=30s"
What is the correct syntax here?
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe zmailer" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org