Re: Fwd: zmailer kill scheduler

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:28:04AM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> Is it?
> By reading 'man smtp', I thougth that the '-L' option forced the local
> outgoing interface, where I could even say '-L eth0:1'. Aren't you
> confusing with '-F'?

Yes, it does appear to be what I need:

       -L localident
              specifies  (for  multi-homed  machines)  that  they
              should use specified identity  when  connecting  to
              the  destination.  Think of server with multiple IP
              numbers due to virtual hosting,  for  example.   At
              such  systems  there  may be situation when virtual
              identity needs to be used for reaching the destina-
              tion system.

              Understood formats for local identity are:

              - "iface:eth0" -- (eth0 device in the system)
              - "[ipv6.1111:2222:3333:...]" -- Literal IPv6 address for IPv6 system
              - "[1.2.3.4]" -- Literal IPv4 address for non-IPv6 system
              - "some.host.name" -- DNS/hosts data registered name

> For what Roy said in his latest post, I thought he was having problems
> with outgoing connections when he was trying to do a switchover in his
> cluster, and that the outgoing smtps were using the real local
> interface rather than the virtual cluster interface and that if he got
> outgoing smtp connections to be bound to the virtual interface, once
> the cluster software destroys that interface, all smtp ta's would die
> so the switchover could take place...

Yes, that is right.  The part I'm still not sure about is whether
tearing down the interface will immediately kill the outgoing
transport agents.

--
Roy Bixler <rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu>
The University of Chicago Press