Re: scheduler.perflog

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 03:21:53PM +0100, Simon Brock wrote:
> > I recently upgraded a machine from a 2.99.56 pre version to an actual
> > and then discovered that the perflog format had changed -- sigh.
[...]
> Didn't even know that somebody wanted it...  It was just a debug tool.

Just FYI, we also use the perflog.  It's quite useful for monitoring
processing/delivery time (something to which customers are remarkably
sensitive), and we're just all around terribly spoiled by all the information
we can get from our zmailer systems.

We recently struggled mightily with a sendmail-based spam filtering system
because we were having all sorts of scalability issues (especially with the
milter for the spam filter), and we didn't have nearly the visibility into the
SMTP conversations, etc that we're used to having.  :-/

We'll be hooking zmailer directly into the spam filtering system via an API
they provide, but we used their recommended (sendmail) config just to get it
up and running.  Sigh...

-Andy