Scheduler bug ?!

I have changed the scheduler.conf to send a short time bounce back's ,
with the following config :

smtp/*
        maxchannel=199
        maxring=50
        expiry=2m
        interval=1m
        skew=1
        command="smtp -s" # -l ${LOGDIR}/smtp"

when I send one mail to xxx.com (a closed domain) i received the bbq as expected

but when I send 10 messages in parrallel then the scheduler didn't release them from
the queue I waited almost 30 minutes and no response !

The strange thing is that when I sent only one more message then all the 10 others
were bounce back immediately .

is it by design ?? how can I change this behavior ?

I want to emphasize :

I didn't change the expiry values during the test !

The Zmailer installed is 2.99.56#1 for Debian

Regards,

David.