Re: spamcop blacklisting servers for misdirected DSN messages

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 06:23:13PM -0700, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:
> >  From man page:
> >
> > PARAM force-rcpt-notify-never
> >       Whatever the incoming DNS NOTIFY= value is, we force  it  always
> >       to  be  NOTIFY=NEVER.    This is for those who won't like to let
> >       others even to find out that the message made into  the  system,
> >       but still want to support incoming DSN. (That is, not to disable
> >       DSN!)
>
> Rereading this I am also wondering if you are sure that
> this doesn't just shut off return receipts as opposed to
> non-delivery notification.

  The  NOTIFY=NEVER  has effect of dropping also the non-delivery
  notifications.   Furthermore,  ZMailer's  smtpserver will always
  internally create default DSN parameters ("NOTIFY=FAILURE") even
  if message originator didn't supply them in SMTP transaction,
  and this setting overrides that as well as user supplied parameter.