Re: smtp ta problem? (was: Re: hotmail problem... again :-( )

El 23 Oct 2003 a las 22:03, Matti Aarnio escribió:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:11:41PM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > has anyone looked at this?
>
> Damn, I have overlooked this..
No problem.

> > I have a customer yelling at me because he's getting loads of bounces like
> > this one from hotmail and he's blaming our mailer... and the worst part is
> > that I'm think he's right!
>
> Yes, most confusing report message.
>
> It isn't FAILURE, it is a report telling that DSN reporting
> will not continue beyond that message, as HOTMAIL does not
> support DSN facility.
>
> The key is this line:
>
>     RELAYED (into system not supporting DSN facility):
No... the point is, this particular bounce (the one I got) _is_ actually
a DSN. But it is about a message sent to a bunch of people... most of
them actually RELAYED, but some of them FAILED, and the FAILED ones have
2.0.0 status.

Take a look at the edited DSN where I cut out most RELAYED parts and left
the FAILED ones intact:
http://www.baby.com.ar/ZMailer/hotmail-bounce-edited.msg

> The report subject (and the first part in overall) are generated by
> the file:
>    $MAILSHARE/forms/delivery
>
> Do edit that file.
> Change the subject to be something like:
>     HDR Subject: Reporte de Envío  / Delivery Report(s):
>
> Oh, and mind you that to put non-US-ASCII chars in there, you have
> pre pre-encode them in MIME-header encoder tokens.  That is:
>     HDR Subject: Reporte de =?iso-8859-1?Q?Env=EDo?=  /
>     HDR          Delivery Report(s):
>
> Send a test message to yourself with about any MIME-encoding capable
> email client, and observe proper encoding.  (I used mutt, YMMV...)
Yup... I can do that... I almost write MIME by hand :-)
Anyway, I do understand English and the reports... in fact, IIRC, I
translated http://zmailer.org/reports-es.html

Regards.

--
Mariano Absatz