Re: local delivery - localdoesdomain?

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 10:28:18AM -0400, Alex Perel wrote:
> Hi Matti,
> I've tried to alter my aliases.cf as you suggest below, with little luck.
> Here is what happens.
>
> If I simply insert the line
>
> return (((error err.nosuchuser "$user$plustail$domain" $attr)))
>
> somewhere near the top of the routeuser() function in aliases.cf, this works
> as expected - all local delivery is bounced, citing no such user. However,
> it seems as though deliveries to "user@host"@localhost do not actually go
> through this path to begin with, since they are still directed to the SMTP
> channel.
>
> z# router '"someone@else"@localhost'
> <aperel.interactive@eris.datamodel.ca>: address: "someone@else"@localhost
> (((smtp else someone@else default_attributes)))
>
> Any suggestions?

  Just by a change, does your   $MAILVAR/db/localnames  database contain
  the "localhost"  name ?

  If not, then it is because "localhost" isn't recognized as locally served
  domain, with which the local user routing will then happen thru the
  aliases.cf  file.  Otherwise that script isn't called at all.

> Would rtrace output help?

  Possibly.  But send it only to me, not to the entire list.
  (Those are prone to be largeish...)