Re: ZMailer "hangs up" on message queues...

It is not a spam engine.  We handle eBay Billpoint buyers and sellers
lists, as well as Wells Fargo customer mailings and a number of other
clients.  We are not inteh spam business, we are complaint with MAPS
(whats left anyway) and are on speaking terms with all of the reasonable
RBL type sites such as MAPS and the defunct ORBS.

We refuse to allow any suspicious lists to be pushed out through our
system, we offer personalization and tracking for our clients.  If we
lose even a few thousand messages that translates into a lost client.
So yes 40 messages a second can to be useful.

I have a ListServ type farm elsewhere that handles about 75/second but
thats raw recipients, the number of envelopes is probably closer to 15
or so a second, and number of deliveries a second (Seperate envelopes
exploded) is close to  around 38 a second.

40 messages a second is indeed useful, it's roughly a 10Mbit pipe too
(depending on message size of course, but the average puts it right
around 10Mbit including TCP/IP and session overhead)

:)