Re: ZMailer "hangs up" on message queues...

El 25 Jul 2001, a las 14:44, Michael Loftis escribió:

> We have ferreted out the quirkiness as it were, the filenames do have to
> be numeric, the problem is we don't want to slow down to retrieve the
> inode number for every file we inject into the queue, as this would
> require a (Totally unecessary) stat (or fstat) call.  Complicating
> matters slightly further is the fact we're using Perl as the engine.
We ARE stat'ing and perl'ing... but actually we do not (yet) have a
performance issue and I haven't benchmarked it...

FWIW:
# after I have written my message (with all the router envelope)
# to "$some_tmp_dir/$msgfile" and closed it, I do the following:

my ($dev,$inode,$mode,$nlink,$uid,$gid,$rdev,$size,
   $atime,$mtime,$ctime,$blksize,$blocks) = stat("$some_tmp_dir/$msgfile");
rename "$newrouter_dir/$file", "$router_dir/$inode";

> And actually you have to get the inode number, then convert it to ASCII
> (OK so itoa isn't that expensive, but still...)
perl is itoa'ing for you :-)

> We've found that there is definetly an upper limit as to the length of
> the filename that it will reliably process, if it's over this limit then
> the system chunks out one at a time for a while, vainly trying to search
> for readable messages.
>
> Is there any documentation on *Exactly* what all the restrictions and
> such are for the zmailer queuefiles that are dropped in router/ ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>
> Mariano Absatz wrote:
> >
> > El 25 Jul 2001, a las 7:15, Carlos G Mendioroz escribió:
> >

> > > Standard procedure to create messages is creating them at
> > > public/whatever, then move it to
> > > router/inodeNumber (so you don't let a router to route your message
> > > before it is complete)
> > >
> > This (using inodeNumber) has worked for us (under 2.99.55) without a
> > hitch... we are feeding the router with messages from two different
> > processes. Mariano Absatz El Baby

Mariano Absatz
El Baby