Re: ZMailer "hangs up" on message queues...

We have ferreted out the quirkiness as it were, the filenames do have to
be numeric, the problem is we don't want to slow down to retrieve the
inode number for every file we inject into the queue, as this would
require a (Totally unecessary) stat (or fstat) call.  Complicating
matters slightly further is the fact we're using Perl as the engine.

And actually you have to get the inode number, then convert it to ASCII
(OK so itoa isn't that expensive, but still...)

We've found that there is definetly an upper limit as to the length of
the filename that it will reliably process, if it's over this limit then
the system chunks out one at a time for a while, vainly trying to search
for readable messages.

Is there any documentation on *Exactly* what all the restrictions and
such are for the zmailer queuefiles that are dropped in router/ ?

Thanks,

Michael