Re: How to get zmailer(3) to work.

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 05:24:50PM -0500, Jay Balahrishna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to replace a popen("sendmail","w") call
> with the zmailer(3) libraries mail_open() and mail_close().
> I wrote a prototype program which is attached as well
> as the mail that I am supposed to send.
>
> I am able to compile this program but it is not working.
> It is not sending the mail out. I would like to know if I have
> to take care of anything like setting some environment variables
> Help from anyone with experience  in this area would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Please find attached the file webUtil.c and mailfile.

   Aside of   mail_open("fooo")  being wrong thing
   (should be:   mail_open(MSG_RFC822)  -- no quotes!)
   I don't see anything immediately obviously wrong.

  (Not to mention of using fixed size buffer which is supposedly
   large enough to fit entire message inside it -- a bad assumption.
   Also the message being sent is suspicuous with misplaced HTML
   stuff at the end of the  Content-Transfer-Encoding: header..)

  After I fixed that bit, the thing worked and messages got sent
  (at first to Yahoo, then to myself when I noticed what the file
   contains..)

> Thanks and Regards,
> - Jay

  Latter today:  Two days at St. Petersburg (the one at Russian next to
  Finnish border, not e.g. at Florida, USA.)