Re: more than one SMTP channel

In previous versions (and I'd suspect the current too), you could add some
parallelism of the transports by:
modifying rrouter.cf routes_spec function to "channelize"  by router
process id (and run multiple routers),
pseudo code (I've got the actual mods someplace)

routes_spec ...
   smtp!yourdomain.com
     ssift $$ in
         .*[01234]  return (((smtp channel1.yourdomain.com "$address" $a A)))
                 ;;
         .*[56789]$  return (((smtp channel2.yourdomain.com "$address"
                 ;;
     tfiss

and then add an explicit entry in your scheduler.conf for
smtp!channel1.yourdomain.com and smtp!channel2.yourdomain.com, and a line
in the routes file/db for the domain.

I can dig it up if anyone is interested.  We were handling around half a
million messages incoming to our secondary MX per day, and the
"channellizing" increase throughput significantly.

Shawn Robinson