Re: diffrent behaviour of mailq, and some other stuff

> >   That sounds like you have *two* schedulers running.
> >   That is likely also why 'mailq' yields strange results.
> >
> >       ... ah, so you say above.
> >
> >   ZMailer doesn't like to run multiple instances of the scheduler.
> >   Main "problem" is that it desires to bind the TCP/174 port with
> >   a wild-card host address.  Thus starting two processes causes
> >   another one to complain about the situation.
>
> Mhm.. I was thinking about the same thing.
> But would it be possible to check mailq in diffrent way (without using TCP/IP
> port, and problems with binding it...)

Historically, the scheduler HEAVILY depended on being THE only one.
There were lots of state data depending on it being also single threaded.
Has that changed that much? Serving the mailq port is just a consequence
of being the only one who knows the current state of affairs ...

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <tron@huapi.ba.ar>   +54 11 4790-5093
D.F.Sarmiento 4165 - Olivos BA 1636 // LW7 EQI  Argentina