Re: diffrent behaviour of mailq, and some other stuff

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Matti Aarnio wrote:
>   That sounds like you have *two* schedulers running.
>   That is likely also why 'mailq' yields strange results.
>
> 	... ah, so you say above.
>
>   ZMailer doesn't like to run multiple instances of the scheduler.
>   Main "problem" is that it desires to bind the TCP/174 port with
>   a wild-card host address.  Thus starting two processes causes
>   another one to complain about the situation.

As I recall, way back when, the scheduler (and mailq) had an option to use a
UNIX domain socket instead.  Is that no longer an option?

It seems like it would solve this guy's problem because the chrooted system
would (could) have a different UNIX domain socket...

-Andy