Re: router alias expansion problem - upgrading from 2.99.48 to 2.99.51

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Rik van Riel wrote:

> On 3 Nov 1999, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
> > Alvin Starr <alvin@iplink.net>
> > > I also had the same problem for a while. I just got it to go away by
> > > installing the latest version of Zmailer.
> >
> > Sorry, I was unclear.
> >
> > The "open relay" problem went away when I upgraded.  The "ORBS
> > won't take me out of the list" problem did not go away.
>
> This is a very serious problem. ORBS has been a good spamblock
> mechanism for a mailing list server, but if problems like these
> surface it will be unacceptable to continue using ORBS :(

If people keep putting in firewalls against the website, it's no
wonder they can't get to it to mark their machines as secured.

This is one of the reasons why the ORBS tester automatically
retests open hosts every 3 weeks to see if they've been secured.

AB