Re: SSL/TLS client?

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 12:03:17PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> > Also, I think I (or some other contributor) need to write a ZFILE*
> > abstraction which can do at least all buffered write things what
> > fwrite()/putc()/fputs() (and possibly fprintf()) use.
>
> Maybe one could rip off BIO layer from SSLeay (I guess that the license
> allows that).  As BIO itself does not contain any crypto code, there
> should be now import/export problems.  BIO stuff is essentially what
> you want: an IO abstraction that may have files, sockets, memory areas,
> *and* other BIO objects underneath.  That's my understanding, I did not
> dig too deep inside...
>
> And of course it fits perfectly for SSL.

	Yes, it would be perfect fit, but it would *require* compilation
	with OpenSSL/SSLeay sources present.  For obvious reasons I can't
	include OpenSSL into the baseline source package.

	ATT Sfio seems to be neutral enough to be usable.

	... now all I need is time without HTML/HTTP "quick hack"
	requests draining down on me at the office ...