simple questions...I hope

I'm trying to configure the smtp-policy.relay file in my new installation
of zmailer-2.99.50s10 on a test machine and am having some problems
getting it to work. If I telnet to the sendmail port of machine "a.b.c"
and manually try to relay to d.e.f (i.e. MAIL To:<bob@d.e.f>) I get a
message:

553 5.7.1 Policy rejection on the target address

However, if I send mail from another machine on a different network (mail
a.b.c\!d.e.f\!bob), the message is accepted and relayed to bob@d.e.f

As suggested in the manual, my smtp-policy.src file contains:

#| -- 1st alternate: No MX target usage, no DNS existence verify
#|    Will accept for reception only those domains explicitely listed
#|    in  'smtp-policy.mx'  and  'localnames'  files.  Will not do
#|    verifications on validity/invalidity of source domains:  <foo@bar>
#
.                       relaycustomer - relaytarget -
[0.0.0.0]/0             relaycustomer - relaytarget -
#

Except for the comments, the sntp-policy.relay contains:

[128.100.8.0]/24        fulltrustnet +

And I do remember to run the policy builder script.

Can anyone tell me what I've missed?

		thanks
		bob

Bob Manson                                        Phone (416)978-5898
Systems Administrator, ECF                        Fax   (416)978-7320
University of Toronto                      email  bob@ecf.utoronto.ca
Toronto, Canada M5S 1A4                       or  bob@ecf.toronto.edu