Re: 2.99.50(snap4) now at ftp.funet.fi (was: Re: Spam help.)

On Mon, 25 May 1998 mea@nic.funet.fi wrote:

> > any help would be greatly apprcriated.
>
> 	I have now made available my pre-4-snapshot of 2.99.50.
> 	I do hope I don't need to make changes into the code for
> 	this; only need to improve documentation ( = manual ).
>
> ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/mail/zmailer/src/zmailer-2.99.50-s4.tar.gz
>
> 	Start reading the manual (LaTeX generated PostScript)
> 	from chapter 2 (Install).
>
> 	Then continue following pointers at 2.5.11 about smtpserver
> 	configuring into chapters 3.4, and 4.1.
>

> 	If it does not work with those written instructions, do
> 	tell me and I will try to improve the presentation.

Got the doc's and read through the approprate sections. The documents
describe the HELO portion of the smtpserver config file as containing 2
fields.

This is from the the older docs just for simplicity(I have problems
cutting and pasting Postscript).
#
# HELO/EHLO-pattern     style-flags
#               [max loadavg]
#
localhost           999 ftveR
some.host.domain    999 !NO EMAIL ACCEPTED FROM YOUR MACHINE
\[*\]               999 ve
*                   999 veR

There appear to be 3 fields. I assume the middle one is "max loadavg" but
I am not sure.

What I have done is to comment out the:"\[*\]               999 ve"

Is it safe to assume that No valid Email source will be sending mail from
a non resolved address?

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)493-3325
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)493-7974
alvin@iplink.net              ||