Re: smtpserver policy database problem

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Kevin W. Nikiforuk wrote:
> If I'm a victim of a buggy package, then, by your definition,
> zmailer-2.99.49p9.tar.gz at ftp.funet.fi is a buggy package (no offense
> Matti). =) After I compiled and installed zmailer as per the INSTALL
> document, I still couldn't send mail because there is no default
> smtp-policy database, nor does the install document mention it.

Oh, my mistake - I was under the impression you got a RedHat .rpm package
and installed that (i.e. you were compiling not from source, but
installing pre-compiled binaries instead.)  Anyway, the routine currently
is RTFM and, if that is unavailable, RTFC (Read The Fine Code, of course
:-) ).  But certainly the INSTALL document is good enough for a mundane
installation ...

BTW, isn't it true that a version 3.0 of Z-mailer is coming out in the
not-so-distant future?  What I mean is in the sense the Linux 2.2 is
coming out in the not-so-distant future: soon there will be a code freeze
and then it's a matter of it becoming stable enough for general use.

Knocking on wood ...

Roy Bixler
The University of Chicago Press
rcb@press-gopher.uchicago.edu