Aliases problem with zmailer-2.99.49p[89]

I am running zmailer on a Solaris 2.4 system and upgraded my binaries from
43 to 49p8.  I did not want to update the router cf files as I have some
local changes.

I soon realised that the new version of newaliases has changed the NDBM
files from dat/idx to dir/pag.  As such such I copied aliases.cf from the
new distribution (as I had not changed that file) and I can get the new
aliases.

However, I am getting the following messages from the p8 and p9 when
checking an alias either when running or in interactive mode:

modp_ndbm: cannot fstat("/usr/local/mail/db/aliases")!
owner_ndbm: cannot fstat("/usr/local/mail/db/aliases")!

It does not seem to stop the aliases working and hails from the file
router/libdb/ndbm.c.  I fixed the problem by changing the fstat from

fstat(dbm_dirfno(db), &stbuf)

fstat(dbm_pagfno(db), &stbuf)

The only possible reason I can think this is happening is that I do have
GDBM installed on my system and I was wondering if the definitions might be
`clashing' somehow?

Simon.