scheduler.conf: skew > 1?

This is something that I've wondered about for a long time, and I've only
just now gotten around to asking about it...

Can anyone give me an example of a good reason to use a value other than "1"
for "skew" in the scheduler configuration?

With a skew of 1, new incoming messages for a target address that has failed
and has message(s) queued for retry are automatically queued with the same
retry time as the waiting message(s).  This seems to me to be the optimal
behavior for every cirumstance I have considered, but maybe I'm missing
something...

-Andy

Global Auctions
http://www.globalauctions.com