sendmail -t

Solaris: sendmail(1)
     -t              Read message for recipients.  To:, Cc:,  and
                    Bcc:   lines  will  be  scanned for people to
                    send to.   The  Bcc:  line  will  be  deleted
                    before  transmission.   Any  addresses in the
                    argument list will be suppressed.

Zmailer: sendmail(8)
     -t    scan header for recipient addresses if none are speci-
          fied  on  the  command  line.  This is also the default
          behaviour, so this option has no effect.

Is there a reason for this incompatability? I have some code which I need to
run against both sendmails.
Thanks,
John
groenvel@cse.psu.edu