Re: smtp core dumps...

-> > This is more info about smtp core dumps by delivering to exchange server
->
->   Just what I suspected.  I have made 2.99.48.patch5 available
->   (and zmailer-2.99.48p5.tar.gz too) with fixes to this problem,
->   and also with altered defaults on 'libmalloc'.  (at ftp.funet.fi)

I installed patch4 and patch5 but this happened:

cd ../libident; make  libident.a
gcc -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I.. -c identuser.c
identuser.c:55: conflicting types for `ident_tcpport'
identuser.h:12: previous declaration of `ident_tcpport'
*** Error code 1

ident_tcpport is defined in identuser.c as int and identuser.h as short
because in identuser.c.orig it was short, I changed it to short again

gcc -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.. -I../include   -target sun4 -c  getaddrinfo.c
getaddrinfo.c: In function `resolver_lookup_addr':
getaddrinfo.c:227: `h_errno' undeclared (first use this function)
getaddrinfo.c:227: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
getaddrinfo.c:227: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

this it worse... I didn't find it anywhere... only in /usr/include/netdb.h:

/*
 * Error return codes from gethostbyname() and gethostbyaddr()
 * (left in extern int h_errno).
 */

so I added into libc/getaddrinfo.c

#include <netdb.h>
#ifndef EAI_AGAIN
#include "netdb6.h"
#endif
/* SunOS 4.* doesn't define this */
extern int h_errno;

The same for libc/getnameinfo.c

->   I am also preparing 2.99.49.patch1, but it may take a while
->   before it is ready.

hmmm what else changed from 48 to 49 that it's not the same ?

->   (And we are looking into opening 3.0 tree with heavily modified
->    router memory management facilities.  It will be -- eh, 'big task'..)

hmmm making zmailer wirking without any bugs would be maybe bigger task
:-S (sorry,  i even still want zmailer instead of zmailer)

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin of one server at SANET Kosice, Slovakia
 E-mail: Matus.Uhlar@tuke.sk ; WWW: http://ccsun.tuke.sk/users/uhlar