Re: still a small error in .48 ?

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Matti Aarnio wrote:

> 	Nope, wrong location.  Problems existed at two locations:
> 		- aliases.cf
> 		- server.cf
> 	Proper patches below.  Also appended to the "patch1".
> 	(tomorrow starts "patch2", if need be..)

Thanks...i wasn't too sure (i only run zmailer for six months now), but i
tried and it worked...but i'll try this one.

<applied patches and restarted zmailer>

> 250 local delivery for <"|/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.1/wrapper majordomo">
> EXPN no-such-user
> 550 no such user: <no-such-user>

Looks ok here too...

> 	Do note that the users can write ANYTHING they want into
> 	that parameter, and the system may claim the delivery to
> 	succeed, while it very likely will fault it -- because of
> 	privilege violation, or some such.

Hmm..delivery is not succesfull here.
When doing a telnet localhost 25 and expn majordomo gives me a 'correct
result'.
When mailing something to it, zmailer tells me:

(from schedulere.perflog)

861998101 156514-26169 9 6 error local/pipe.majordomo@cal026031.student.utwente.nl

(from scheduler)
19970425215516 /usr/local/zmailer/bin/ta/sm: 156514/247//error2 procmail:
Unknown user ""|/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.1/wrapper majordomo""[exit
status 67 (addressee unknown)]

So not succesfull yet.

> > Someone with good ideas ?
> > Is it procmail perhaps ?
>
> 	You lost me.  What is "it" above ?

Excuse me. I went to dinner and after that i finished the mail. I wanted
to type something more here (and probably something different).

What i was trying to 'tell' is that i'm using procmail as local channel.

And when using:

(scheduler.conf)
local        command="sm -8c $channel procm"

it goes wrong (see above)

and when using

local	     command="mailbox -8"

It's al going ok. Then everything works as it's supposed to be.
So there might be a procmail problem here or there's something in zmailer
that going wrong here.

Mark

Mark Visser                |   Student Civiele Technologie & Management
Calslaan 26 - 31           |   E-mail: mark@cal026031.student.utwente.nl
7522 MC Enschede           |   SNT-mail: mark@snt.student.utwente.nl
Telephone: 053-4895038     |
Warning: You can get rid of all the bugs by disabling them from the main menu.