Re: Anti spam methodologies (is it the new frontier?)

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> In smtpserver, you cannot be 100% confident if the sending host is non-
> local (not one of your clients) or recipient address is local.  I think
> that this task belongs to the router, and can be done by simply hacking
> crossbar.cf

Half true.  You can tell if the host talking to you is a local host pretty
easily.  That's a simple matter of looking at their IP address (which is
available to you by virtue of the TCP socket).

-Andy

(this sig left intentionally blank - too many hats for one sig)