Re: (was Re: Looping messages)

>> >   Zmailer should never bounce a message to an address from which the
>> > message just bounced.
>>
>> I consider this in the realm of common sense, but just in case that's not

I agree that this is a problem.  We operate virtual domains for some people
here who do not have mailboxes here.  When I made a mistake with a
postoffice address (whoops) the mailer generated a few thousand error mails
before I noticed....  (They say that confession is good for the soul).

My problem was that despite my scheduler.conf setting the error channel
interval being set to 5 mins, an error generated in that channel was
handled immediately and as the error generated an error -- you know what
happened.

If this behaviour at least could be circumvented then error processing need
only once an hour and then not cause so many problems.

Regards,
Simon.