Re: Looping messages

>   Zmailer will loop messages if it can't deliver messages to the
> postmaster.
>
>   On one Zmailer machine, I have all postmaster mail forwarded to my
> actual mail machine.  When Zmailer tried to send a copy of an error
> message to me, but my mail machine wouldn't take it because it was too
> big.  So then Zmailer generates another message to the postmaster with the
> same results.  Each time the message grows in size, so it will never
> actually get through.
>
>   Zmailer should never bounce a message to an address from which the
> message just bounced.
>
> Tom

I had a similar problem but I think that the real reason is that Zmailer
is trying to deliver undeliverable mail to postoffice and not postmaster.

If you merged aliases from stock sendmail then you will not find
postoffice alias at all and then Zmailer really loops.

--
Peter Ziobrzynski, pzi@netmediatech.com