Re: help with "talking to myself" errors

> Sorry to bother everyone on the list. I forgot to back up my config files
> before tweaking them, and now I've got a non-working set of config files
> with no way to restore them. I am getting "trying to talk to myself" errors
> and no idea how to fix them. (I fixed them once, but forgot how.)

  That usually means the system does not recognize hostnames it is supposed
  to receive email with.  The recognition is done via database at file:

	$MAILVAR/db/localnames

  (Ok, also via  /etc/mail.conf  -- or where ever you have that file,
   however servers often have more names for themselves, than the plain
   simple single canonic name...)

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>