Re: router eating sick amounts of core

   Date: 	Mon, 25 Dec 1995 09:12:49 -0800 (PST)
   From: Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>

   > Or do people suspect memory leakage?  I'm using a pretty trustworthy
   > resolver library to link against, so I don't suspect that to be the
   > problem.

     Memory leakage is always possible.

     Try linking with gnumalloc.  It could be that your malloc isn't very
   efficient.

I've tried the gnumalloc and the system malloc in SunOS libc 1.9.3.
The routers still bloat beyond 10MB in size within 10 minutes.  Each
increase in router core size happens during the expansion of the
majordomo mailing list addresses for a posting.  Ie. my router logs
are accumulating 2000 or so lines like

<fooid.3323@foo.host.edu>: recipient: smtp host1.place.edu foouser@host1.place.edu

one for each person on the list being expanded.  THis is when the
router grows by another 2 MB or so in size.  This happens until the
system is low on ram and doesn't do much work anymore or I kill off
the routers.

(As I type this the routers are up to 25MB in size, this is getting rediculious)

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu