zmailer-2.99.20 v Solaris 2.4

I am trying to compile zmailer-2.99.20 under Soalris 2.4 with gcc v2.7.0.
Everything goes along swimingly (if one ignores all of the warnings about
redefinig HAVE_ALLOCA_H) until the router is being linked.  I copied
Config.solaris to Config changed the HOSTENV to SunsOS5.4 and said 'make it
all'.  When the router is being linked one gets a fatal error:

getmntpt                            ../libs/libzc.a(whathost.o)

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Dan