Re: Still more questions on new zmailer

On Mon, 30 Oct 1995, Scott Ballantyne wrote:
> I'm sorry to keep asking these questions - but I really have no idea
> what to do about these errors. In scheduler log I get

   It looks like the ZMailer has exceeded your system resources.
   What system do you have ?

> smtpclient: open: /usr/local/etc/zmailer.conf: File table overflow
> setuid: File table overflow
> Cannot determine 'nobody' uid

  Uhh...  Out of fds -> can't process /etc/passwd ...

> crt0: no /usr/lib/ld.so
> crt0: no /dev/zero
> scheduler: pipe: File table overflow
> smtpclient: open: /usr/local/etc/zmailer.conf: File table overflow
> setuid: File table overflow

  These too indicate system being out of resources.

> scheduler: pipe: File table overflow
> crt0: no /dev/zero
> smtpclient: Cannot open message file "../queue/36153-3"! (m)
> smtpclient: Cannot open message file "../queue/36153-3"! (m)
> smtpclient: Cannot open message file "../queue/36153-3"! (m)
> scheduler: pipe: File table overflow
> scheduler: pipe: File table overflow
> scheduler: pipe: File table overflow
>
> And so on for hundreds of lines. Presumably the not being able to
> determine nobody uid and can't open message file errors are because
> the file table is full, but what can I do to keep the file table from
> overflowing?

    At first it (filetable) should be enlarged a bit, can you determine,
    how many file slots there are in your system to begin with ?

	/Matti Aarnio	<mea@utu.fi> <mea@nic.funet.fi>