Re: Problems compiling zmailer under SunOS 4.1.1

[ On Mon, October  2, 1995 at 16:06:49 (-0700), Tom Samplonius wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Problems compiling zmailer under SunOS 4.1.1
>
> > I'm not sure where the compiler is finding "DBM_PAGFNO_NOT_AVAILABLE",
> > because that symbol doesn't appear *anywhere* in the router source tree.
> > Any clues as to what's going on?
>
>   Probably it's coming from your /usr/include/ndbm.h

Yup.

*BUT* that wouldn't be SunOS-4.1.1's ndbm.h.  It would have to be the
4.4bsd db(3) emulation of nbdm.h.

>   Basically, Zmailer needs to use the dbm_pagfno() call, but it isn't
> available in several NDBM implementations.
>
>   So, change hostenv so it doesn't try to use NDBM anymore.

Or find a copy of the original 4.1.1 ndbm.h (and other relevant files)
and replace the "local" versions with the stock ones.  Then go hunt down
and scream at the person who did this.  Gratuitous local stuff like this
should definitely be kept in a separate directory, esp. when it's not
quite compatible, and not necessary.  It should be explicitly accessed
with -L and -I compiler options!

Also, zmailer should be fixed *not* to use the private internal function
dbm_pagfno() call so that it will be portable to 4.4bsd.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods