[Raw Msg Headers][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: zmailer 2.2 problem
On Feb 14, 16:02, Postmaster wrote:
> Subject: zmailer 2.2 problem
> zmailers stop delivering messages to any domain which does not have a MX
> record. What happen is zmailer thinks those no MX domains are down. It will
> hold the message until it expires.
> Is there anyway I can test zmailer to find out why it thinks those no MX
> domains are down?
I have solved this problem with zmailer on out system, basically I add a
for valid MX domains only. I am added a couple of new functions and some new
functionality to zmailer. I will post the changes to this group only when I am
satisfied that they are working properly.
- deliver to valid MX hosts only (return invalid-domainname if not)
- hostname hiding (maps hostnames in table to a 'higher level' domain
- username hiding (maps userids/usernames to an 'offical' format)
Ex:firstname.lastname@example.org maps to TrevorPaquette@aec.ca
- concept of 3 types of mailers
- main mailer. handles/delivers ALL incoming/outgoing mail
- sub mailer. Slave. Any and all mail get forwarded to the main mailer.
- gateway mailer. Passthrough mailer. This lives on a firewall. It
delivers mail to the Internet for the internal main mailer. It
Also accepts mail from the Internet and passes it to the
internal main mailer.
Name : Trevor Paquette |Alberta Energy Company | _\___Fahrvergnuegen
Email: TrevorPaquette@aec.ca |Calgary, Alberta, Canada | / \____
Visitor from CyberSpace |(403) 266-8400 |/ G60 \
Renegade of Virtual Reality |#include <disclaimer.h> |\-O------O--/