Trouble Building zmailer

I've recently tried to build zmailer 2.98 and 2.99 without success on
two different platforms --- Linux and SGI Irix 5.2.  In both cases,
I've been stopped by errors involving missing routines at link-time,
conflicting definitions, and missing headers.  Has anyone had better
success?

Peter

--
Peter Olsen, P.E.,                                        pcolsen@acm.org
        P.O. Box 410, Simpsonville, MD 21150-0410 USA, 410-997-8584