Re: Address rewriting question

> We use zmailer to route outgoing mail as well as incoming mail to
> other systems here on campus.
>
> The problem I have is that mail from other systems (pmail/charon,
> pmdf on the vaxes, etc) that goes through the sun running zmailer
> gets the "from" address rewritten in a strange way.
> This message instead of being from: <mlatter2@msvu1.msvu.ca> appears
> to come from <@msvu.ca:mlatter2@msvu1.msvu.ca>.
>
> Does anyone out there have any insight on this?
> I can certainly provide more information if needed.

	Yes,  it is in your  /etc/mail.conf  (Don't you have it ?)
#  Zmailer host dependent information
#
# Where am I?
orgdomain=utu.fi		<--- apply your own
# Who am I?
#hostname=polaris.$orgdomain
hostname=$orgdomain
# What do I tell people?
mydomain=$orgdomain
# World hack!
world=world.$orgdomain
#
# rrouter.cf uses these..
: ${BITNETACTION:="smtp figbox.funet.fi"}	<-- choose your nearest
: ${UUCPACTION:="smtp mail.eunet.fi"}		<-- choose your nearest

You get that source-routing into the TRANSPORT ENVELOPE when
`hostname' != `mydomain'.  (Transport-envelope gets written on
"From_", but not on "From:")

> Thanks very much in advance, Murray
>
> Murray Latter                            Phone: (902) 457-6460
> Coordinator Network Services             Email: Murray.Latter@MSVU.Ca

	/Matti Aarnio	<mea@utu.fi> <mea@nic.funet.fi>

PS: Things look promising on "mea" release RSN, maybe tonight..
    (Solaris shell-io dumps core, but SunOS 4.1.3 compiled binary
     router runs just fine on Solaris 2.3 machine :-/ )