Re: What does "452 Can't Parse Sender Address" mean?

On Apr 22, 11:53am, Andy Poling wrote:
> Subject: Re: What does "452 Can't Parse Sender Address" mean?
> On Thu, 22 Apr 1993, Pok Ng wrote:
> > smtp/[130.63.231.101]:
> > 	 2100:   452 Can't Parse Sender Address
> >           id    <dig-Aviation-6.8@mc.lcs.mit.edu>
> >           from  <@mc.lcs.mit.edu:aviation-request>
> >           to    syeon@ASIMOV.CALUMET.YORKU.CA
> >
> > and zmailer won't deliver the message. Any idea what "452 Can't Parse
Sender
> > Address" means?
>
> That error is coming from the remote site via the SMTP conversation and

130.63.231.101 is a pegasus gateway running charon 4.0.

> they are probably running sendmail.  As I recall, sendmail gives that
> error when it cannot resolve the envelope sender address to a "mailer".

You mean Charon couldn't resolve the address
<@mc.lcs.mit.edu:aviation-request>?

Sorry, I am a freshmen to mail(sendmail, zmailer...), would you please give me
a little more explanation.

Thanks in advance

/pok