Re: What does "452 Can't Parse Sender Address" mean?

On Thu, 22 Apr 1993, Pok Ng wrote:
> On Apr 22, 11:53am, Andy Poling wrote:
[...]
> > > and zmailer won't deliver the message. Any idea what "452 Can't Parse
> Sender
> > > Address" means?
> >
> > That error is coming from the remote site via the SMTP conversation and
>
> 130.63.231.101 is a pegasus gateway running charon 4.0.
>
> > they are probably running sendmail.  As I recall, sendmail gives that
> > error when it cannot resolve the envelope sender address to a "mailer".

I would say that you need to talk to the postmaster there.  I obviously
don't know enough about the setup there to be much help.

-Andy

Andy Poling                              Internet: andy@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu
UNIX Systems Programmer                  Bitnet: ANDY@JHUNIX
Homewood Academic Computing              Voice: (410)516-8096
Johns Hopkins University                 UUCP: uunet!mimsy!aplcen!jhunix!andy