Re: Qmail or Zmailer

On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 23:22:36 +0100, Eden Akhavi <eden.akhavi@fci.co.uk> wrote:

> We are looking to build a high performance mail-cluster for pop3, imap4 and
> smtp. The system uses an LDAP database to validate and deliver the users mail.
>
> The system needs to scale to around 500,000 users - the questions I have:
>
> 1. Which is better for this Qmail or ZMailer

What a groovy question to mail to the list...

Zmailer, if I'm not mistaken, has been developed paying special attention to the need to move huge amounts of mail on some systems.

If you have a question, or find something that you think is wrong with zmailer, you'll find plenty of help on the list, including excellent help always from the Finn, Matti Aarnio, whom I think is the current keeper of zmailer.

If you have a question, or find something that you think is wrong with qmail, you'll probably send the author, Dan something or other, off the deep end, ranting all the way.

Dana Booth <dana[at]oz.net>
Tacoma, Wash., USA