Re: Zmailer SMTP: Anal retentive or correct?

Scott --
	If you are the connection point for these UUCP hosts, then presumably
it's your responsibility to make sure that your router config file does the
right thing with the addresses you pass on.

I can imaging that in a UUCP-specific piece of routing configuration file you'd
have access to a table of the hosts you serve via UUCP, and you'd rewrite the
outgoing envelopes to be source routed, for those hosts only.

I would guess you'd be annoyed if people started sending back to your system
errors for other people's unqualified names, just because you happened to
accept them and source route them on.   There are a *lot* of unqualified names
floating around just because people have bogus (send)mail configurations!

This was this morning's report of bogus addresses that I rejected mail from,
from midnight to 7am -- and it is often way larger than this:

   5 FORTUNBP@A1.NYSOMR.EMI.COM
   4 JKOWALCZYK@A1.MR.MVCC.EDU
   1 LLEWELLYN@DANSAS
   1 Mailer-Daemon@dnscit